Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Monday, January 5th, 1863


To day Sam* Sharp rode my horse Rob to Crockett in order to hire a negro man, but returned without having accomplished his mission. Father [Joshua] & Mother [Mahala* Sharp Hall nee Roberts] came up to see Nellie* [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire] and the little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp]. I ground 10½ bushels of corn. In the evening I commenced a temporary stable to keep my horse Rob in. I sold 1 bushel of meal for 2$. Nellie* is still improving although quite sick yet. weather changeable & warm for the season.


*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog. Mahala is his mother. Nellie is his wife. Margaret is his only full sibling, and wife of JMH.



No comments:

Post a Comment