Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Monday, January 14, 2013

Wednesday, January 14th, 1863


To day the boys are still engaged in getting out and hauling the garden posts. I ground ten bushels of corn. I had the most of my pork hung up to smoke and upon a close examination I found the most of my hams and shoulders were spoilt so much so as to render them unfit for use. at night Hicks & Louisa with my little wagon & mules arrived from Liberty after being out on the trip for nine days from Liberty and in consequence of the horrid state of the road they hauled almost nothing the mules being badly cut up and very much jaded. weather cloudy and cool and at night there was a perfect storm. the wind hauling around to the north it became very cold with a snow & sleet for several inches deep being the first snow of the winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment