Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Friday, March 20th, 1863


To day the boys are still splitting rails at the lower field. John is still up at John Williams' hauling cotton to the gin. Sam* [Samuel Houston Sharp] ground 42 bushels of corn. I paid T.R. Dailey for 21 bales of cotton, weighing 9279 lbs. also for 15,000 lbs of lint cotton. I drove my horse Gladiator & the buggy to Crockett in order to carry Margaret Hall home. while in Crockett I purchased some cow bells 4 in number. I also sold my office in town to Mr. Downes for the sum of $1200. I also sold to Mr. Harlan my yoke of steers running up at Parkers for the sum of 50$. weather clear & pleasant.


*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog. He is also the brother-in-law as well as the step-brother of JMH.



No comments:

Post a Comment