Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thursday, March 5th, 1863


To day I am engaged at the bluff [Hall's Bluff] in watching my things, and which I found in a damaged condition. The Steamer Alamo passed down the [Trinity] River from Magnolia. she lay at the bluff about 2 hours & then proceeded on her way to Liberty. The boys are busy hauling my things home. they made 2 loads with the mule team & one with the ox team. in the last load by the mule team I returned home from the bluff. My horse Gladiator run off & Hicks has been out all day hunting him but without success. Sam* [Samuel Houston Sharp] is engaged in pecking the mill rocks and putting them in good running order. weather cloudy & cold with very high wind blowing and occasional showers of rain & very disagreeable.


*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog. He is also the step-brother as well as the brother-in-law of JMH.



No comments:

Post a Comment