Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tuesday, March 10th, 1863


To day I rode my horse Ratler up to the late residence of Mr. Moreland to attend to the sale of his effects and while there I purchased all the seed cotton amounting to 14,859 lbs. I also learned where my horse Gladiator was at and after the sale I went home with Mr. Strother and got my horse and for his services in taking care of my horse I paid him 5$. I then led my horse home. Hicks returned home at night from his trip down to Daileys. The boys are at work in the lower field. Sam* [Samuel Houston Sharp] ground 2 bushels of corn. weather cloudy and cold, with hard showers of rain throughout the entire day. I returned thoroughly soaked with water.


*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment