Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tuesday, March 31st, 1863


To day the boys are still busy plowing the lower field in order to plant corn. The little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] & children drove down to Mother's in the buggy. I went down with them horse back. we found Mother [Mahala* Sharp Hall nee Roberts] but little better. Frank Stewart came up home with me & remained for dinner. In the evening the little woman with Margaret Hall [his daughter?] came home from Mothers. Sam* [Samuel Houston Sharp] ground 14½ bushels of corn. weather clear & cold, with a hard frost at night, which I think has about finished what was left from last night's frost. Thus I close my jottings of little events that occured around me for the month of March.


*This Mahala is a 3rd great-grandma to the Keeper of this family history blog. Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa and is Mahala's son. Mahala is also the mother of the little woman, and is also the step-mother of JMH (who is married to the little woman).



No comments:

Post a Comment