Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Friday, July 24th, 1863

To day the boys are still at work splitting rails to finish enclosing the mill field. Nellie [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire] & John missed their fevers and are recovering. My son James [James Wrigley Hall] is still sick and so is Jemima. I missed my chill & fever. the house does not look quite so gloomy as on yesterday. Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall] missed her fever and with a little care will soon recover. Sam [Samuel Houston Sharp] started on my horse Gladiator for Huntsville to attend to the procuring of some domestic from the Penitentiary. Mother [Mahala Sharp Hall nee Roberts] & Roberta [Hall] came up to see the sick. Mother remained all night but Roberta went home. I ground 12 bushels of corn. weather changeable and hot with indications of rain. Ther: 96°.

No comments:

Post a Comment