Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Monday, August 31st, 1863

To day Hicks is engaged attending to the tar kiln. The other boys are at work hauling logs to build a cotton house. Mr. T.R. Dailey delivered 1636 lbs. of lint cotton. The little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp], Mother [Mahala Sharp Hall nee Roberts], Father [Joshua James Hall], Roberta [Berta Downes Halyard nee Hall] and Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall] went down to Hall's bluff to attend the funeral of Capt. Stubblefield's child. Toby [Horace Oscar Hall] came up and spent the day. Roberta came home with the little woman at night, bringing Fawn who had a fever upon her. Thus I close my jottings of events around me for the month of August, and as it closes the summer, so I shall close noting the stage of the Thermometer until next summer, should I be spared until then to keep a record of the same as well as the jottings of the passing events that take place around me. weather clear and hot. Ther: 84°.

No comments:

Post a Comment