Saturday, August 31, 2013

Monday, August 31st, 1863

To day Hicks is engaged attending to the tar kiln. The other boys are at work hauling logs to build a cotton house. Mr. T.R. Dailey delivered 1636 lbs. of lint cotton. The little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp], Mother [Mahala Sharp Hall nee Roberts], Father [Joshua James Hall], Roberta [Berta Downes Halyard nee Hall] and Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall] went down to Hall's bluff to attend the funeral of Capt. Stubblefield's child. Toby [Horace Oscar Hall] came up and spent the day. Roberta came home with the little woman at night, bringing Fawn who had a fever upon her. Thus I close my jottings of events around me for the month of August, and as it closes the summer, so I shall close noting the stage of the Thermometer until next summer, should I be spared until then to keep a record of the same as well as the jottings of the passing events that take place around me. weather clear and hot. Ther: 84°.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.