Saturday, August 3, 2013

Monday, August 3rd, 1863

To day the boys are still at work pulling fodder in the lower field. Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall], Conny and Jemima are still sick. Sam [Samuel Houston Sharp] & I went up and attended the general election for State officers and remained there nearly the whole day. Be it remembered that I voted for T.J. Chambers for Governor, because I am opposed to all those who advocate Military necessity as paramount to the Constitution and laws of the land. Father [Joshua James Hall] came home with me from the election but did not remain long. I sold George Brashears a pair of wool cards for 30$ just think of such a price hereafter. In consequence of the low water I was unable to grind any corn. weather clear & hot. Ther: 93°.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.