Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Monday, August 3rd, 1863

To day the boys are still at work pulling fodder in the lower field. Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall], Conny and Jemima are still sick. Sam [Samuel Houston Sharp] & I went up and attended the general election for State officers and remained there nearly the whole day. Be it remembered that I voted for T.J. Chambers for Governor, because I am opposed to all those who advocate Military necessity as paramount to the Constitution and laws of the land. Father [Joshua James Hall] came home with me from the election but did not remain long. I sold George Brashears a pair of wool cards for 30$ just think of such a price hereafter. In consequence of the low water I was unable to grind any corn. weather clear & hot. Ther: 93°.

No comments:

Post a Comment