Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Saturday, September 12th, 1863


To day the boys finished putting up the walls of the Cotton house. I rode my horse Ratler to Crockett and back in order to get my discharge from Conscription. I found however that L.W. Cooper had been removed and H.W. Beeson had been appointed the Enrolling officer in his place and he refusing to act until Monday next I had my ride for no purpose. I purchased from Mr. Monroe $82.00 worth of tobacco and $1. worth of pink root and left for home in company with Father [Joshua James Hall]. when about half way home it clouded up and rained exceedingly hard. I became thoroughly soaked with water. weather was clear in the morning and very hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment