Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Friday, September 13, 2013

Sunday, September 13th, 1863


To day I rode my horse Ratler in company with Father [Joshua James Hall], Roberta [Berta Downes Halyard nee Hall] and three servants down to the Hurricane bayou and run the division line between the lands of Genl. Beavers and Mother [Mahala Sharp Hall nee Roberts]. they then agreed to establish the line I had run as the true & correct one between them. We all started back home when a rain came up and the water descended in torrents, in consequence of which I was compelled to remain at Father's for the night. Mother spent the day with the little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] and carried Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall] home with her, and where I found her. weather very hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment