Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Friday, December 4th, 1863


To day the boys are still at work getting timber to build a stable. John is at work hauling it in. Dr. Murchison came to see me but not professionally and I paid him 25$ that I borrowed from him on the 27th of last month. J.H. Leaverton paid me the 200$ that I loaned him on the 27th of last month. Sam* [Samuel Houston Sharp] ground 8 bushels of corn and 2 bushels of wheat. I worked all day painting & lettering my half bushels. Fawn's [Florence Mahala Hall] arm is still improving. Weather clear & pleasant in the morning, but cloudy, rainy and disagreeable in the evening with a hard rain at night.


*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog.

 

1 comment: