Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Monday, February 3, 2014

Wednesday, February 3rd, 1864


To day I went with Mrs. Beale* [Elizabeth Lemaire Beale nee Waring] over to see the spring place and from there to Mothers [Mahala* Sharp Hall nee Roberts], where I left her to spend the day. Nellie* [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire] also rode down to Mothers and spent the day. Mr. Keen came over with the mill irons when we put down the mill stones, but the mill not performing well we were compelled to take it up again. In the evening I drove my buggy & horse down to Mothers after Mrs. Beale, who returned home with me. weather clear & pleasant. at night however there was a considerable frost.


*This Mrs. Beale as well as Mahala are 3rd great-grandmas to the Keeper of this family history blog. Nellie is a 2nd great-grandma, and is the daughter of Mrs. Beale and the daughter-in-law of Mahala.



No comments:

Post a Comment