Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Tuesday, December 20th, 1864


To day the boys went out hog hunting & succeeded in getting one. I rode up to the school house and paid Bodenhamer my war taxes, also those of Sam Sharp*. I had to advance upon Sharp's taxes or in other words loan him $256. I borrowed from T.R. Dailey $370 in old issue, which I am to pay back in new issue, with a discount of one third, or rather I am to pay him $246.00 in new issue. Father [Joshua James Hall] came up and took Toby [Horace Oscar Hall] home with him. Hicks ground 12½ bushels of wheat & 23 bushels of corn. Weather cloudy & cold with occasional showers of rain and sleet.


*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment