Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Friday, October 16, 2015

Monday, October 16th, 1865


To day I commenced clerking for James Wrigley in his warehouse at a salary of $5. per day, or if I remain as much as a Month, then at 100$ per Month. William Leaverton and my sister Roberta [Roberta Downes Halyard nee Hall] arrived from the up Country [Houston County] on the stage and put up with me. Roberta is to go to school. They left all my relatives well. William Leaverton left on the cars for sour lake. I purchased from J.F.Carr & A. Drew 21 bales of Cotton at 23 Cts./lb. for a/c of Col. Wrigley. I received family letters from the up Country by Mr. Leaverton. Weather variable  and warm. [My copy of this page is not very clear.]



No comments:

Post a Comment