Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Friday, November 6, 2015

Monday, November 6th, 1865


To day my wagon and team driven by negro man Hicks arrived from the mills [in Houston County] with 5 bales of Cotton, my desk, and sundry other articles on board. The negro man John having run off and left it on the road and Hicks after turning out the oxen left, and I suppose my employment for good. The little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] drove up town in my buggy after some articles. Fannie is still sick. Col. Wrigley & I drove up town in Maggie's buggy after returning home, we all went over to Col. Wrigley's where the little woman, Mrs. Wrigley, Col. J. Wrigley and I all took a solemn vow, not to use any spirituous liquor as a beveridge for the space of one year. Weather clear and cold, with a hard frost at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment