Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Monday, April 8, 2013

Wednesday, April 8th, 1863


To day the boys are still at work in the bottom field preparing it for planting. I assisted the little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] in working the garden. Robert & Frank Stewart came up to see me and to the latter I loaned my horse Ratler to ride to Crockett. in the evening he returned in company with W.A. Stewart & Charles Leaverton. Sam* [Samuel Houston Sharp] ground 23½ bushels of corn and then drove my horse & buggy down to Mothers [Mahala* Sharp Hall nee Roberts] after Nellie* [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire], all of whom returned in the evening. The little woman & myself went out fishing with tolerable success. After supper Frank Stewart & Charles Leaverton went down to Mothers & Billy Stewart remained with me all night. weather clear & pleasant.


*This Sam and Nellie are 2nd great-grandparents to the Keeper of this family history blog. Mahala is a 3rd great-grandma, and is Sam's mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment