Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thursday, July 30th, 1863

To day the boys are still at work pulling fodder in the lower field. I assisted the little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] in pealing peaches to day for winter's use thus "making hay while the sun shines." Sam [Samuel Houston Sharp] and Nellie [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire] drove my horse and buggy down to Mother's [Mahala Sharp Hall nee Roberts] and while there Sam paid over to Father [Joshua James Hall] the balance in money that he obtained from the sale of two bales of cotton to the Penitentiary after the 150 yds of cloth was deducted. Those two bales of cotton I loaned to Mother, and are to be by her paid back to me and delivered to me at the mills. they weighed 905 lbs gross. In consequence of the low stage of water in the pond I was unable to grind any corn. weather changeable and hot. Ther: 94°.

No comments:

Post a Comment