Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thursday, January 14th, 1864


To day the boys are at work covering in the stables. I rode my horse Rob to Crockett and while there was again arrested by the conscript officer. when they will get through conscripting me God only knows for one set of officers pulls down as fast as the others set up. I however after much difficulty attained another discharge, but how long it will last I cannot say. 

When I returned home I found Dr. Murchison and Mother [Mahala* Sharp Hall nee Roberts] in attendance upon Nellie* [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire] whose symptoms are more aggravating. Weather changeable and rather cold.


*This Mahala is a 3rd great-grandma to the Keeper of this family history blog. Nellie is pregnant, and is married to Mahala's son, Sam.



No comments:

Post a Comment