Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Saturday, June 24th, 1865

To day I succeeded in stopping the diarrhea from running in me and am consequently much better. The little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] with Fanny Fitzsimmons & Josephine in my buggy drawn by my horse Rob arrived safe and sound in Liberty. Frank Stewart with the little wagon & mules also arrived safe bringing down in the little wagon, Florence and Jimmy, also Louisa, Jemima, Conny and Wolf with sundry provisions etc. We all upon the invitation of Col. Jim Wrigley stopped at his house of course I left John Booths. The little woman passed my wagons on the road, they having left on the 16th with Jemima  was taken down at the residence of my old friend Dan Dailey & safely delivered of a female child on the 17th inst both Mother & child are doing well. Weather clear & hot. Ther: 96°.

No comments:

Post a Comment