Search the Journal
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Samuel Houston Sharp, Sr. . . . aka Sam Sharp . . . is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog . . . and is the step-brother . . . as well as the brother-in-law . . . of the Keeper of this Journal (aka James Madison Hall) . . .
Samuel Houston Sharp
Samuel H. /Sharp/
* Born about 1839 - Texas (probably San Augustine County)
* Died about 1885 - Houston County, Texas
* Age at death: possibly 46 years old
* Buried about 1885 - Hall Cemetery, Houston County, Texas
* John M. Sharp 1800/1815-/1846
* Mahala Lee Roberts 1816-1885
Marriage, non-defined relationship, and children --
* Married on 11 July 1861, Liberty, Liberty County, Texas, to Mary Alexandrien Lemaire 1843-1876, with
o James Hall 1863-1936; findagrave
o Infant 1864-1864
o Samuel Houston 1867-1921; findagrave
o Margaret Elizabeth 1869-1935
o Ida Mae 1871-1964
o Berta Mary 1873-1955
o Willie /1876-ca 1885
In the year 1881, a baby boy is born to Fannie Bass, who, in 1880, was listed as a servant in the household of Mahala (Sam's mother). DNA testing has indicated that there is a connection between descendants of this baby boy and other descendants of Sam and Nellie.
Ida Mae's Rememberings. 1962. My father, Samuel H. Sharp, was the son of Mahala Lee Roberts Sharp Hall. . . . My father never married again again after my mother's death, & died when I was above fourteen years old. He is buried next to & on the right side of my mother, but there is no marker at his grave. Hall Cemetery, Houston County, Texas.