Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Monday, December 20, 2010

Thursday, December 20th, 1860


To day I left Drew's in company with Dr. Hunsaker and Mr. Haeff, and after travelling 35 miles over the worst road in Texas, we arrived at Mr. Hawkins' where we stoped for the night. at this place I found a marriage in perspective, with many interesting young ladies in attendance who wiled away the time discoursing sweet music upon the Piano Forte in fact I almost thought myself a boy again so pleasantly did I pass the time, but as all things must have an end so I turned in for the night and had rosy dreams of the future, whether to be realized or not time only can develope. expenses for the day $1.10. weather clear & rather warm.

1 comment:

  1. FYI . . . 150 years ago today . . . the 20th day of December . . . in the year 1860 . . . the Union is dissolved as South Carolina votes to secede . . . Done at Charleston the twentieth day of December, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty. . . .

    ReplyDelete