Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Saturday, June 21st, 1862

To day I am engaged in the office. In the evening I was compelled to attend the session of the board of Alderman for the City of Liberty. I being a member of said board, and under the laws of the corporation an election was gone into and I had the extreme honor of being elected Mayor of the City, into which office I duly installed after making the oath of office. Sam Sharp & the ladies reached the mills [in Houston County] as I am informed by letter. I make this note in order to date the time that my little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] commenced boarding with her mother [Mahala Sharp Hall nee Roberts*]. Charley Lund engaged in the office. Boys at work at Capt. Wrigley's. weather clear & hot. Ther: 94°. [*This Mahala is a 3rd great-grandma to the Keeper of this blog.]

No comments:

Post a Comment