Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Monday, July 14th, 1862


To day I am engaged in the office. Sam* Sharp left on Hawk for Tarkington's prairie on an electioneering tour. Frank Hitchcock and family left on the Steamer Ruthven for Galveston, leaving me a batchelor's establishment to keep. The boys are engaged in hauling Mr. Hitchcock's furniture down to the boat and in hauling my pughes up home. Bob is at work for Charley Lund. This being the third anniversary of my marriage with the little woman* [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp], I celebrated it in a becoming style, and hoping that our future life together may be spent as pleasantly as the past three years for I can truly say that the last three years has been an oasis in my life. weather clear & hot. Ther: 98°.

*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog. The little woman is Sam's sister.



No comments:

Post a Comment