Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Tuesday, December 23rd, 1862


This morning before I left my old friend Dan Dailey's my boy Bill with the little wagon & mules drove up in route for Liberty and to whom I gave $5.50 to bear his expenses on the road. I then left Dailey's and drove 15 miles to Crockett where I was compelled to unload my buggy and have the balance iron repaired before I could proceed further, after which I loaded up and left for home at the Mills, and after driving 10 miles I arrived home at the mills safe and sound and where I found all my loved and dear ones enjoying good health, and who were overjoyed to see me. My arrival however was not unexpected as my little woman had been expecting and looking for me for some days. weather cloudy and warm with showers of rain occasionally.



No comments:

Post a Comment