Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Friday, March 13th, 1863


To day I rode my horse Gladiator home from Mr. Williams' and found Joseph Wright waiting to see me. I signed a note as security which note was executed by Joseph A. Wright, his wife, Janie Hail and myself for the sum of 3000$ Confederate Treasury Note and payable to James Collins. I also found my pet babe Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall] had gone down to her Grand Mothers [Mahala* Sharp Hall nee Roberts]. My wagon is still hauling cotton from Moreland's to McElroy's gin. The other boys are still at work in the lower field. Sam* [Samuel Houston Sharp] ground 10 bushels of corn. In the evening I went to work sticking the peas. weather clear & pleasant.


*This Mahala is a 3rd great-grandma to the Keeper of this family history blog. Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa, and is Mahala's eldest son.



No comments:

Post a Comment