Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Friday, April 3rd, 1863


To day the boys are still engaged in planting corn. I drove my horse (Gladiator) and buggy to Crockett in order to carry Margaret Hall [his daughter?] home after her visit out on the Elk Hart for the past two weeks. while in Crockett I paid Messrs Gorley, Smith & Co the sum of $104.54 upon which they had sued me. I also paid Hall's estate $232. To John Miller $65. To Kenneth Murchison as J.P. the judgment that Miller & Collins obtained against me and Daniel Daily amounting to 58¢. To S.A. Miller as atty for C.G. Forshey a Judgment that he obtained against me for $70.53 principal & interest up to this date. I also collected from W.A. Stewart on a/c of a claim I hold against Cummin's Estate the sum of $197. I returned home in the evening in Company with W.A. Stewart, Wm. Wingfield and Joseph A. Wright. Sam* [Samuel Houston Sharp] ground 21 bushels of corn. weather clear & pleasant.


*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment