Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Friday, February 14, 2014

Sunday, February 14th, 1864


To day Mr. Leaverton came over and had the impudence not only to claim the shoats spoken of in my notes of Friday last but to claim the sow too, and as a matter of course I will be compelled to prosecute him for hog stealing. I drove down to Mother's [Mahala* Sharp Hall nee Roberts] in the buggy carrying Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall] with me after the late papers. Nellie* [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire] who has been staying down at Mother's for several days came home with me in the buggy. Weather cloudy with light misting showers of rain. at night it rained in torrents for about one hour, and continued to rain lightly throughout the entire night.


*This Mahala is a 3rd great-grandma to the Keeper of this family history blog. Nellie is a 2nd great-grandma.



No comments:

Post a Comment