Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Monday, March 31, 2014

Thursday, March 31st, 1864


To day the boys are at work planting corn in the new ground. Hicks assisted me at the mill. we ground 5 bushels of wheat & 6 bushels of corn. I let Mr. Leatherman have calf skin & sole leather enough to make five pairs of shoes. He took the measure of the little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp], Nellie* [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire], Mother [Mahala* Sharp Hall nee Roberts], Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall] & myself and promised to have the shoes back in six weeks. I paid him 25$ for making them or 5$ per pair. He then left for home. Weather clear & cool. So closes my notes for the month of March.


*Nellie is a 2nd great-grandma to the Keeper of this family history blog. Mahala is a 3rd great-grandma, and is Nellie's mother-in-law. Mahala is also the mother of the little woman, as well as being the step-mother of JMH.



No comments:

Post a Comment