Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Friday, September 30th, 1864


To day John is engaged in hauling wood. Bill is at work setting out eschalots in the garden. I am engaged in making surcingles and made one for Mother [Mahala Sharp Hall nee Roberts] & one for Burt [Roberta Downes Halyard nee Hall]. Capt. Peacock arrived & stopped with me for the night on his way to Liberty from Parker's bluff at which place he has been confined for some time with chill & fever. Weather cloudy & warm with a hard rain & storm at night blowing down the shade trees around the house. Ther: 86°. Thus I close my notes for the month of September and also the noting of the standing of the thermometer until next summer when I will again give it, if I am permitted to live so long.



No comments:

Post a Comment