Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Saturday, December 31st, 1864


To day I paid Dr. Murchison 310 lbs. of flour for 62 lbs. of wool purchased from him last fall. Hicks ground 20 bushels of corn and 5 bushels of wheat. Weather clear & cold with a frost & freeze at night. 

Thus I close my jottings for the month of December and for the year 1864 which has just passed & gone and now numbered with the things that were. Whether the Almighty will spare me to chronicle the daily events of the incoming year is more than poor mortal man can foresee or know but trusting in his goodness I shall enter upon the pleasing task which is meaningful as a book of reference and may hereafter be profitable to those who have an interest in my affairs after I shall have shuffled off this mortal soil and been reaped to the bosom of my ancestors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment