Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Saturday, April 1st, 1865


To day I left Crockett in company with Mr. Haden and drove in his buggy out to the mill and thence down to Father's [Joshua James Hall] where I let Mr. Haden have 15 B/C which weighed 7161 lbs for which he is to pay me 6¢ per lb. Mr. Driscol also went down with us & assisted in weighing the cotton. We then returned to the mill. I found the little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] and Roberta [Roberta Downes Halyard nee Hall] had gone to Crockett to see me but we took different roads & therefore missed each other. Billy Roberts rode over to Mr. Lacy's and found my mule that had escaped from Crockett and led him home. The little woman & Roberta returned home at night pretty well worn out from fatigue. Hicks ground 17 bushels of corn. Weather variable & pleasant. It clouded up at night however and rained hard nearly the whole night.



No comments:

Post a Comment