Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Saturday, February 24th, 1866


The forenoon of to day I worked at the warehouse and the evening I spent at home. I got from Col. Wrigley 100 peach trees and 2 bales of hay. The steamer Col. Stell arrived from Galveston bound up the river. The Steamer Indian No. 2 took on some freight and dropped down the river to the wood yard. Frank [Stewart] is still confined to his room. The little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] & children are still suffering with sore eyes. At night I sent for Dr. Shelby to visit me professionally. He came and administered some medicine for my Cough which is no better. Mrs. Massie is still here. Negro Henry's wife came over for him on the ? in order to be near her husband. Weather clear & cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment