Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thursday, July 23rd, 1863

To day the boys are still at work splitting rails to finish enclosing the mill field. Dr. Jowers and Mr. Greenwood came to see me and remained for dinner. Nellie [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire] & Fawn [Florence Mahala Hall] are still sick but both are recovering. John came home from Father's with a severe fever upon him. Jemima was also taken with fever. My son James [James Wrigley Hall] is still sick. I had another chill and fever and in fact my house is now a perfect hospital. Father [Joshua James Hall] & Mother [Mahala Sharp Hall nee Roberts] came up to see the sick but did not remain long. Billy Stewart, John Miller and Robert Stewart having got through fishing returned to Crockett. Capt. Stubblefield came up fishing, and as he visits Houston next week I sent by him $115 to purchase for me 1 lb. of Tea, and two calf skins. Sam [Samuel Houston Sharp] ground 1½ bushels of corn. weather cloudy with indications of rain. Ther: 87°.

No comments:

Post a Comment