Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Monday, April 30th, 1866


To day I am at work at the warehouse. The Steamer Royal Arch is loading with cotton. I had a full settlement with Maj. Bolling and paid in full up to date. I received some few groceries, harness &c. by the Royal Arch. Jimmy [James Wrigley Hall], Joe & Conney are still sick with measles. Florence [Mahala Hall] and Roberta [Downes Halyard nee Hall] are recovering very fast. I am sorely afflicted with the itch, which has broken out on me again. Col. Wrigley and Ed. Jones arrived from Houston on the train. The former quite sick. The latter brought me three suits of summer clothing. Weather clear & warm. Thus I close my notes for the month of April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment