Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Tuesday, May 1st, 1866


To day I am at work at the warehouse. The Str. Royal Arch left for Galveston with Maj. Bolling on board and to whom I loaned 2 wagon sheets for the purpose of making an awning. The articles purchased by Ed. Jones for me, viz: The clothing & harness, cost me $113 specie. Col. Wrigley is still sick. Jimmy [James Wrigley Hall], Joe and Conney are still sick with measles. Florence [Mahala Hall] and Roberta [Downes Halyard nee Hall] are recovering a little. The little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] hired a negro woman by the name of Winney to do her cooking & house work generally for which I am to pay her 10$ per month. Mrs. Stanwood spent the evening with us. Capt. John W. Redmond arrived from Sour Lake and stopped with me. he rode down to Frank Redmonds & spent the night. Weather variable and pleasant.



No comments:

Post a Comment