Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Saturday, January 10th, 1863


To day I sent the boys with the wagon to Mr. Renfro's after the fodder & peas I purchased from him some days ago. they made one load hauling 300 lbs of fodder and 8 bushels of peas. Sam* [Samuel Houston Sharp] rode Hawk over to see Mr. Keen to have some blacksmithing done but returned without accomplishing his mission. I ground 12½ bushels of corn. In the evening Jesse Tubbs sent one load of lint cotton over to me. I sent Bill with the mule & cart over the Trinity River after his clothing. I went down to Fathers [Joshua James Hall] in the evening and found all well. weather changeable & cool with a frost at night.


*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa to the Keeper of this family history blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment