Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Thursday, January 8th, 1863


To day Thomas W. Reed and Capt. Stubblefield came to see me & remained for dinner. From Mr. Reed & his wife I purchased a likely negro man of black color about 34 years of age by the name of Bill a slave for life and for whom I paid $1800. Mother [Mahala* Lee Sharp Hall nee Roberts] came up and her & the little woman [Margaret Hall Stewart nee Sharp] went to see Mrs. Bird. I ground 18 bushels of corn. Nellie* [Mary Alexandrien Sharp nee Lemaire] is now entirely recovered from her late indisposition and is now up attending to her usual duties about the house. weather clear & rather warm on my pork.


*This Mahala is a 3rd great-grandma to the Keeper of this family history blog. Nellie is a 2nd great-grandma and is Mahala's daughter-in-law.



No comments:

Post a Comment