Copyright © 2010 BeNotForgot.com. All rights reserved.

Search the Journal

Monday, January 7, 2013

Wednesday, January 7th, 1863


To day I rode my horse Gladiator over the Trinity River to the residence of the late Elisha Tubbs for the purpose of attending the sale of his effects made by his Executor, and while there I purchased two yoke of oxen for which I paid $102.50. I also purchased an ox chain for 3$. I also purchased from Mr. McCord a likely yellow boy about 19 years old by the name of John or Squire, a slave for life and for whom I paid $1600. Sam Sharp* who had been heretofore drafted in the Militia left home on my horse Rob for the place of rendezvous at the Shilo Camp ground, but before he left he ground 14 bushels of corn. I returned home at night in Company with Father [Joshua James Hall] and Mr. McCord. weather clear & rather cool.  

*This Sam is a 2nd great-grandpa of the Keeper of this family history blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment